Welcome back, clay artists!
After a year of hibernation, The Clay Studio is now open for business, with a new studio manager, Pam Young. Pam is a long-time arts show and farmers market vendor who makes dreamy mugs, quirky chickens and much more, in Studio 1 at the LCCC.
Starting on Aug. 1, The Clay Studio will be working on a membership model. By registering and paying an annual fee ($20 for new members, $10 for renewals) studio members will be certified to use the studio and submit work to be fired. Each member will be provided with a shelf to dry and store works in progress.
Members of The Clay Studio qualify for:
* Workshop Time ($5/hour, minimum 2 hours) during LCCC hours or by arrangement with the studio manager. Workshop time includes use of wheels, roller, studio tools and studio glazes.
* Tuesday Night Clay, 5-9 pm on Tuesdays ($10 per evening)
* Kiln Firing Services at discounted rates ($1 per small piece/mug/bowl, larger pieces charged accordingly)
Members will be assigned a usage sheet and a clipboard, and are expected to keep it up to date. Charges will be assessed at the end of the month, and must be paid by the 15th of the following month.
The Studio Manager sells a variety of clay types, with payment made by cash or check to Pam.
To register or learn more, contact studio manager Pam Young, 541-992-2589 or email [email protected].
Interested in a class?
We are taking names and contact information, preparing for a possible beginner’s ceramics class in the fall. To add your name to the list, contact Pam at the number above.
Special Events and Activities
The studio is happy to host opportunities to support artistic growth and community. Potential activities include workshops with visiting artists or to focus on a specific techniques, studio visits, ceramic sales and social gatherings.
- For the safety of equipment and everyone’s work, use of studio clay and glazes is required, except by special permission.
- The studio is not equipped to support production potters, but for the exploration and enjoyment of clay.