DIY Art Relief from the LCCC
You will need a template (see the project sheet below), paper, magazine pages, string, pencil, pen, scissors, glue stick and a stick for rolling (like a small paint brush handle, chop stick or skewer).
- Trace the template shape many times on different paper, then cut out the shapes.
- Cover the back of the shapes with glue stick, then fold the larger end in on itself.
- Roll the paper shape onto a small stick, starting with the larger, folded edge. Try to keep the roll tight and centered.
- Slide the rolled up bead off of the stick.
- Do as many of these beads as you like, and string them together for a long necklace.
- Make a special card for Mom, and give it to her with the necklace. Post on the LCCC’s Facebook page @lincolncityculture.
Wishing you good health and creativity!